WREXHAM threw away a two-goal lead as Dagenham and Redbridge hit back to drew 2-2 at The Racecourse

Wing-backs Jamie Reckord and Reece Hall-Johnson scored in each half to put Dean Keates' side in control.

The Reds were good value for their lead as they played some excellent football and created a host of chances in the first half in particular.

However, Dagenham pulled a goal back on 77 minutes and after piling on the pressure, they equalised in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

Keates made two changes from the side that drew at Eastleigh in midweek, and both were enforced due to suspension.

Tyler French was sent off on his debut at The Silverlake Stadium and served a one-match ban along with James Horsfield who has picked up five yellow cards so Hall-Johnson - not risked on Tuesday due to a knock - returned along with midfielder Dan Jarvis.

With Shaun Pearson and Theo Vassell still injured, and Max Cleworth on loan at Caernarfon, Mark Carrington, Fiacre Kelleher and Jordan Davies formed a makeshift back-three and youth team defender Ryan Austin was named among the substitutes.

Wrexham were quick out of the blocks and Jay Harris' second minute shot was tipped over the bar by goalkeeper Elliott Justham.

Harris had another chance but his header from Reckord's header was brilliantly saved by Justham who made a smart block to keep out Hall-Johnson's drive from Dior Angus' pull-back as the Reds continued their superb start.

There was some respite for Dagenham who claimed Sam Deering's effort has struck the arm of a defender before Matthew Robinson fired into the side-netting.

Wrexham were presented with a good opportunity but Kelleher was unable to convert Reckord's corner from close range and as the game swung from end to end, Christian Dibble did well to turn Darren McQueen's effort behind.

Luke Young's snapshot was straight at Justham while Wrexham came even closer when Davies' header from Reckord's corner was cleared off the line.

Dagenham went straight up the other end and McQueen had a goal ruled out for offside but Wrexham deservedly took the lead after 30 minutes.

Hall-Johnson sent in a cross that was taken down by Reckord who planted a fantastic volley past Justham.

It should have been 2-0 before the break when Dior Angus was put through on goal and with Kwame Thomas in an even better position, the striker opted to go for goal and was denied by Justham.

The Daggers goalkeeper was called into action at the start of the second half to deny Thomas after good work by Angus while Deering went close for the visitors.

Wrexham needed a second goal to give them some breathing space and it came after 58 minutes following good play down the left.

Jarvis' cross reached Hall-Johnson who cut inside and slotted home.

But Dagenham pulled a goal back on 77 minutes.

The Reds failed to stop substitute Myles Weston who progressed into the area and the ball ran for Robinson who fired past Dibble.

Dagenham put the pressure on as they pressed for an equaliser, although Hall-Johnson was unable to convert substitute Paul Rutherford's cross for the Reds.

Wrexham were unable to hold on as Dagenham equalised in the fifth minute of stoppage time, Dean Rance heading past Dibble from Weston's cross.

Wrexham (3-4-1-2): Dibble; Carrington, Kelleher, Davies; Hall-Johnson, Harris, Young, Reckord; Jarvis (Ponticelli 71); Angus (Rutherford 79), Thomas. Subs: Austin, Redmond, Durrell.

Dagenham (4-4-2): Justham; Eleftheriou, Clark, Croll, Johnson (Reynolds 69); Saunders (Weston 46), Robinson, Rance, Deering; McQueen, Wilson (McCallum 46). Subs: Adams, Gordon.