CHESHIRE PHOENIX will again be without Sol Rolls-Tyson for this weekend's double-header.

The back-to-back games kick off with tonight's clash against Manchester Giants at The Cheshire Oaks Arena which is being shown live on Sky Sports.

The Nix, who ended a four game losing streak by beating Glasgow Rocks 75-64 at The Emirates Arena in their opening game of 2021, also have another home game to look forward to against third placed Sheffield Sharks on Sunday.

But coach Ben Thomas will continue to be without Sol Rolls-Tyson.

Rolls-Tyson suffered a hand injury while going up for a rebound in practice and was forced to miss the game against the Newcastle Eagles on December 20, which Thomas’ side narrowly lost 85-84.

However, the injury turned out to be worse than expected with Rolls-Tyson forced to undergo an emergency operation a few days later and Thomas hopes to have the player back on the court soon.

“It’s really sad to see Sol with another long term injury,” said Thomas.

“He’s really helped the team this season so far and we were expecting him to carry on bringing valuable minutes to the team. He will be missed whilst he is on the sidelines, but hopefully he will be back playing soon.”

The Nix go into this weekend's double header on the back of a morale boosting double-digit victory in Glasgow which took them up to eighth place in the table with a 2-4 record.

Ben Thomas’ side produced a commanding performance with Kahron Ross leading the way for Cheshire with 24 points, eight assists, six rebounds and four steals in a first win in five games

Jimbo Lull was also in good form as he tallied a 20 point, 12-rebound double-double on 69 per cent FG, while Christian Keeling weighed in with 16 points for the Rocks but he couldn’t prevent his side from suffering their fifth loss in the regular season.

The Nix led 16-8 after the first quarter but then found themselves trailing as half-time approached.

However, they hit a 12-2 finish which included the final eight points inside a minute, with Ross scoring five and Jalen Hayes making a corner three on the buzzer to hand their team a 36-27 lead. The Rocks gave themselves a lifeline heading into the final quarter as they trailed 52-44 but the Nix saw the game out to secure a much needed win.