JORDAN DAVIES has no qualms about playing in various positions but he would like to be a regular in Wrexham's midfield.

The 22-year-old, who hails from Coedpoeth, started his career at his home-town club and returned to The Racecourse in the summer after leaving Brighton and Hove Albion.

Whilst he was at Wrexham's academy, Davies was seen as a left-back but he played in more advanced roles during his stint with the Seagulls who he joined in January 2017.

Davies has been deployed in a number of roles by manager Dean Keates this season - he is currently being used as a left-wing back - but his long term goal is to be an integral part of the Reds' midfield.

"I am more than happy to fill in anywhere on the pitch," said Davies.

"I wouldn't say I have found my position that is set in stone yet, I am still learning.

"I am just looking for that run of games in that one position where I can get comfortable.

"The end goal is to play in midfield somewhere and be effective there for the team."

Davies has had to bide his time this season, but he has started the last two games after making an impact as a substitute in the 3-2 win at Weymouth.

"I had to be patient whilst the lads got a few good results," said Davies.

"I was waiting ready for my chance so hopefully now I can get a run of games in the team and the results can come."

Davies came on for the start of the second half against Weymouth with Wrexham trailing 2-0 but the left-wing back had a real impact as the Reds scored three times to complete the comeback.

That led to a starting role in the FA Trophy penalty shoot-out loss to Leamington and the 2-0 defeat against Stockport in the Reds' last league game, and he is relishing having a run in the side.

"It's been a while since I played there but I am enjoying it at the minute so hopefully I get a run in the team there," said Davies.

"I feel like I effected the game against Weymouth.

"At Weymouth, we were 2-0 down, I came on and we won 3-2 which was a really good result for the team.

"It was difficult against Stockport because they played really well and caught us cold in the first half.

"We got a bit stuck in-between doing different things but they played really well and you have just got to hold your hand up.

"Second half, we gave it a good go but the game was ultimately dead."

But Davies will have to wait until he makes his next appearance because Wrexham's next two matches have been postponed because of the coronavirus.

Saturday's home game against Woking has been called off due to a positive test in the Reds' camp and concerns in the Eastleigh ranks mean Tuesday's clash - re-arranged due to an earlier postponement - will also be pushed back.

Keates’ side have only played four league games since the start of December and have slipped down to 15th position in the table, and Davies hopes the Reds can kick-start their season when they return to action with a home match against Dover Athletic on Saturday January 16.

“Hopefully we can use the defeat and bad performance at Stockport to turn the season around and make a really good go of it coming into the new year,” said Davies.

“We are in January but there is still so much football to be played.”