WREXHAM came from behind to secure a 1-1 draw against Bromley at Hayes Lane but the game was overshadowed by a head injury to goalkeeper Rob Lainton.

There was a lengthy stoppage in the first half because Lainton received treatment after he was knocked unconscious following an innocuous challenge.

Bromley took the lead before the break and had chances to add to their tally but Dean Keates' side equalised in the second half when Adi Yussuf scored his fourth goal of the season.

Keates made two changes from the side that started the midweek thrashing of Sutton, ending a run of three successive games where he had named the same starting XI.

Winger Anthony Jeffrey was preferred to Elliott Durrell, who dropped to the substitutes bench, while Jordan Ponticelli failed to recover from an injury sustained against the U's so Yussuf - on target after replacing the striker in the second half on Tuesday - lined up in attack alongside Kwame Thomas.

Both teams cancelled each other out in the early exchanges and there were no chances at either end.

Wrexham were dealt a huge blow in the 23th minute when Lainton suffered his injury.

The Reds' goalkeeper rushed off his line and dived at the feet of striker James Alabi who was put through on goal.

It was an innocuous challenge and a lengthy stoppage ensured while Lainton, who was knocked unconscious, received treatment.

Paramedics were called to Hayes Lane, with both sets of players taken off the pitch, but Lainton came round and was stretchered off and taken to hospital before play resumed, with the board showing a minimum of 26 minutes stoppage time were to be played.

And Bromley took the lead after clearing Wrexham's first corner of the game.

Reeco Hackett-Fairchild squared the ball to Billy Bingham who brought a good save out of substitute goalkeeper Christian Dibble but top scorer Michael Cheek put away rebound.

Cheek went close to another goal as Wrexham struggled to get a foothold in the game following the lengthy stoppage, and Bingham's long range effort only just cleared the bar.

Yussuf's low drive was blocked by a defender before a very long first half came to an end.

Bromley's Luke Coulson saw a free-kick saved by Dibble at the start of the second period and the winger then sent in a corner from which Cheek saw a header cleared off the line by James Horsfield.

Alabi also brought a superb save out of Dibble in the next attack and with Bromley on top, the lively Coulson set up Cheek who was brilliantly denied by the Reds goalkeeper.

Wrexham had a welcome sight of goal when Kwame Thomas headed wide from Jordan Davies' cross before Durrell finally tested Bromley keeper Mark Cousins who made a good block.

But Cousins was beaten when Wrexham equalised in the 76th minutes.

Paul Rutherford delivered the ball into the danger zone and Yussuf's powerful header found the back of the net despite the best efforts of the Ravens stopper.

Back came Bromley and Dibble pulled off another save from Harry Forster but it finished all square.

Bromley (4-2-3-1): Cousins; Kizzi, Webster, Roberts, Bush; Bingham, Trotter; Hackett-Fairchild, Cheek, Coulson; Alabi (Forster 69). Subs: Holland, Raymond, Purrington, L'Ghoul.

Wrexham: (4-4-2): Lainton (Dibble 45); Horsfield, Kelleher, Vassell, Reckord; Jeffrey (Durrell 66), Harris (Davies 66), Young, Rutherford; Thomas, Yussuf. Subs: Hall-Johnson, Bickerstaff.