GLENN CHAMBERS described bagging his first international wicket as an ‘amazing but “bittersweet’ moment - and that was before the competition was abandoned two-and-a-half games in.

All-rounder Chambers claimed the wicket of Melt van Schoor as Wales secured an eight-wicket win over Namibia to bounce back from a heavy opening day defeat to South Africa in style.

Chambers, who finished with figures of 1-37 from his four overs, said: “It was an amazing feeling getting my first international wicket, but it was a bit bittersweet with how I bowled really, the ball wasn’t coming out particularly well.”

Wales and Chambers restricted Namibia to 161 for eight from their allotted 45 overs, Chris Hudson claiming 3-34.

Iwan Rees then guided Wales to victory with 11.2 overs to spare, the opening batsman finishing unbeaten on 94 from 84 balls, including 11 fours and a six.

“It was a great result for us and important that we have an early win under our belt,” reflected Chambers. “The lads were absolutely buzzing afterwards.”

On man of the match Rees, who also claimed 1-21 from nine overs, Chambers added: “I was over the moon for Iwan, he is a top player and a really good lad.”

Chambers was rested for yesterday’s clash with Pakistan, who were in the driving seat before the game - and competition - was abandoned due to the coronavirus.

Speaking before the decision was made, Chambers revealed: “We are all keeping in touch and the tournament organisers have given instructions of what we are to do. No handshakes and lots of sanitiser gels around.”

But the competition organisers made the decision to scrap the tournament, and however disappointed he is to be heading home early, Chambers knows it’s the right thing to do.

“I’m absolutely gutted,” said Chambers, who was looking forward to locking horns with England today.

“It’s been a fantastic experience and really enjoyable, but the right decision has been made in terms of people’s safety and getting home.”

Pakistan had posted a daunting 321 for two from their 45 overs after winning the toss and electing to bat first at the Jack Burt Oval in Claremont.

Opener Sajid Ali struck 124 from 140 balls before retiring to allow the in-form Muhammed Jawed to take centre stage.

Coming in at number three, Jawed crashed a brutal 133 from just 84 balls, which included 10 fours and nine sixes, to help Pakistan take full control.

Wales were prevented the chance to reply with the entire tournament abandoned at the midway stage.