WREXHAM extended their unbeaten run to three games following a dull goalless draw against fellow strugglers Dagenham and Redbridge.

It was a game that lacked quality with few chances at a windswept Racecourse, the best two opportunities falling to the Daggers in the second half but Reds goalkeeper Rob Lainton pulled off two superb saves.

Dean Keates' side have taken seven points from a possible and remain just outside the relegation zone.

The starting line-up showed one change from the side that won at Harrogate the previous weekend.

Defender Jordon Thompson, brought in on loan from Coventry City before the transfer window closed, replaced the injured Mark Carrington in the right wing-back position.

Midfielder Jay Harris, Friday's second new signing and back at The Racecourse for a second spell, was named among the substitutes.

Both teams cancelled each other out in the early exchanges with the windy conditions making in difficult, while four corners in quick succession for Wrexham from the 20th minute failed to provide a goalscoring chance.

Wrexham had a lucky escape when Ben House looked to have been brought down in the area by Jake Lawlor but referee Andrew Kitchen booked the striker for simulation.

The Reds created the first chance of the game in the 29th minute but JJ Hooper's header from Paul Rutherford's cross was saved by keeper Elliot Justham.

Dagenham's first sight of goal came four minutes before the break but Sam Deering's weak effort was comfortably saved by Rob Lainton.

Thompson won Wrexham a corner early in the second half as his shot was deflected behind by a defender, but the set-piece came to nothing.

Shaun Pearson headed over from Luke Young's free-kick but Dagenham created the best chance of the game in the 74th minute, Lainton pulling off an excellent save to deny ex-Reds striker Alex Reid.

Lainton again came to the rescue to make a brilliant finger-tip save and keep out another Reid header before Harris replaced the injured James Jennings after 81 minutes, while Davis Keillor-Dunn soon took over from Dan Jarvis.

Neither side could break the deadlock and it finished honours even.

Wrexham (3-4-3): Lainton; Lawlor, Pearson, Kennedy; Thompson, Summerfield, Young, Jennings (Harris 81); Jarvis (Keillor-Dunn 84), Hooper, Rutherford. Subs: Dibble, Ponticelli, Cleworth.

Dagenham (3-4-1-2): Justham; Onariase, Clarke, Croll; Elefteriou, Robinson, Brundle, Gordon; Deering; House (Kandi 67), Reid. Subs: Strizovic, Wright, Graham, Grant.

Attendance: 4,024 (79 from Dagenham).