HUW GRIFFITHS labelled Cefn Druids’ comfortable 2-0 victory over Guilsfield as “a job well done”.

Rare goals from Iwan Cartwright and Joe Faux saw Druids ease into the last 16 of the prestigious competition.

And boss Griffiths was pleased to negotiate a tricky tie, saying: “It was a good professional performance.

“Guilsfield are a similar side to us in that they are a close-knit group who work hard for each other and it’s easy to see how they get results.

“But we just had that little bit more quality and we were never really troubled because we didn’t allow ourselves to be put under too much pressure.

“I told the lads that there would be casualties in this round of the competition - there always were and there were on Friday night - so we had to produce a good performance.

“We had one of the more difficult ties on paper, but we’ve managed to come through it.”

Griffiths is now looking forward to Monday night’s fourth round draw, and the former Chester City assistant is hoping lady luck is shining.

“We want the weakest team left in the competition at home,” said Griffiths when asked who he wants in the last 16.

“Everyone wants a home tie against the lowest ranked team left in the competition and anyone who says differently isn’t telling the truth.

“Hopefully we get some luck because it would be nice to have a little adventure in the cup.”

While Druids are hoping for a kind draw, not many sides will want to face Griffiths’ men, who have won seven of their last eight matches in all competitions.

“We’ve found a formula,” said Griffiths, who revealed that Cartwright’s goal had nothing to do with him and his coaching staff.

“They’ve organised Iwan’s goal between themselves,” he continued. “It’s not something we’ve rehearsed in training, but something they’ve come up with, which is great to see.

“Iwan and Aaron Simpson have been great in the middle of midfield together and Joe getting his first goal will hopefully galvanise him.”

Griffiths also wished Guilsfield captain Sam Litchfield well after the defender suffered a serious knee injury.

“Our thoughts are with him,” added Griffiths.

There was also a serious injury to Penybont goalkeeper Rhys Wilson as their home tie with Porthmadog was abandoned in the first period of extra-time.

Rhys Alun Williams struck twice - the second in the 94th minute - to force the additional half an hour for Porthmadog, who trailed through goals from Penybont duo Nathan Wood and Daniel Griffiths.

But an injury to Wilson forced the game to be ended abruptly and the two teams will do battle once again next weekend.

An impressive first-half display saw Caernarfon record a trouble free 4-0 win at Goytre United.

Darren Thomas struck a brace either side of a Nathan Craig penalty and Leo Smith’s effort in the opening period.

Will Evans made sure Christian Edwards’ return to the Cardiff Met dugout was a successful one.

Evans scored in the 13th minute to settle the tie with Pontypridd in the Archers’ favour.