THREE-ONE is fast becoming Flint Town United’s favourite scoreline after they toppled Corwen to make it four successive victories in all competitions.

Penrhyncoch and Guilsfield, either side of a Welsh Cup success at Greenfield, have all been beaten 3-1 by Niall McGuinness’ Silkmen in the last fortnight.

And Corwen joined that list as goals from Nathan Brown and Tony Davies after Richie Foulkes’ early spot-kick wrapped up another important three points for second placed Flint.

Asked about 3-1 victories, boss McGuinness said: “It does seem to be our favourite scoreline at the moment.

“It’s the fourth one on the bounce and it was a case of job done.”

Flint didn’t have it all their own way as Joe Williams’ penalty on the stroke of half time made it 2-1 and gave Corwen hope ahead of the second period.

But McGuinness felt his side were always worthy winners, continuing: “Corwen stifled us at times, they had a plan to get 10-men behind the ball and make life difficult.

“They carried that plan out well, but we managed to get two early goals to get control of the game and even at 2-1 I didn’t feel as though we weren’t going to win.

“It was important to get the three points and we can move on to Gresford now.”

Corwen assistant Nick Jones felt Flint just about deserved to win, but questioned the awarding of both penalties.

“I’ve never, ever seen anything like the decision for their penalty,” said Jones. “Their lad (Brown) has slipped and the referee has pointed to the spot.

“I didn’t feel our penalty was right either. The foul is outside the area, but if the referee doesn’t give the penalty he has to send their goalkeeper (Aaron Jones) off.

“But we can’t - or won’t - blame the officials for everything and there were plenty of positives to come out of the game.

“Flint probably deserved the three points overall, but we produced a performance that shows we are now a tier-two team.

“It was a great battle with a top team and we need to build on this when we face Llangefni next weekend.”

Prestatyn Town cruised to a 7-0 success over Llanfair United in the battle of top versus bottom.

James Stead struck a hat-trick with Alex Jones, Jack Kenny, Jack Higgins and a penalty from Jordan Davies completing the rout.

A wonder strike from Sam Molyneux secured a 1-0 win for Rhyl at Porthmadog, the three points enough to move the Lilywhites up to third place.

A fantastic second-half showing saw Llandudno record a 4-0 home success over Penrhyncoch.

After a goalless first period the game burst into life as Danny Hughes, Anthony Marshall and Alfons Fosu-Mensah struck inside second-half minutes for Llandudno, who saw Dean Seager add number fourth from the spot.

A late penalty from Llyr Morris earned Ruthin Town a 2-2 draw at Llanrhaeadr, who had cancelled out Garmon Hafal’s opener for the visitors through Geraint Evans and Iwan Matthews’ penalty.

Guilsfield were also victorious as Jake Cook scored the only goal of the game at Llangefni Town.