THREE goals from Deeside’s James Parsons weren’t enough to prevent Telford Tigers from beating the Dragons for the second time this season.

Filip Supa and Jordan Jolly both scored trebles for the hosts to help them to a 10-4 victory in front of their own fans in Shropshire.

But following a game in which Deeside’s Simon Furnival was handed a contentious match penalty, the Dragons boss Gary Shaw has spoken of his frustration with the referee and the Telford players.

Shaw said: “The lads really gave their all, but we were playing against the referee too. We didn’t help ourselves with the penalties, but their play acting is stupid really when were playing a rough game.

“We went three nil down early on because we took a lot of silly penalties in the first period. Then we started the second period five on three (with two less players on the ice) and that helped them get another two goals.

“We got ourselves back into it later in the second period, but then they came out flying for the final 20 minutes and we couldn’t cope with it.

“I don’t think it was a match penalty against Si (Simon Furnival). He was given it for kneeing, but in the second period a Telford player did something similar and only got a two-minute penalty for tripping.

“The Telford lad got away with one there, and I like that referee but there has to be more consistency with decisions.”

Filip Supa put the hosts ahead inside five minutes before setting up Brandon Anderton for Telford’s second a little past the halfway point in the first period.

Supa then grabbed his second in the 15th minute, but captain James Parsons pulled a shorthanded Dragons side back into it with a goal three minutes later.

However, with the visitors finally settling into the game, the referee handed a match penalty to Deeside’s Simon Furnival for kneeing after the Dragons player landed a hit on Telford’s Adam Andrews shortly before the interval.

Joshua Hustwick restored Telford’s three goal advantage 42 seconds after the restart before another strike from Filip Supa and a goal by Jordan Jolly put Telford 6-1 up after 25 minutes.

Despite looking down and out, Deeside’s Chris Keating linked up with his skipper, James Parsons, twice in as many minutes to help the latter find the net and bring the Dragons back into it at 6-3 going into the final period.

Telford, though, once again made a quick start to the game with Simon Harrison scoring after just 30 seconds to make it 7-3.

The in-form James Shaw – who scored a hat-trick on his birthday in last week’s dramatic victory over Sheffield – was then involved as he helped the puck on to Matthew Wainwright, who in turn found Keating to fire in to once again bring their side back in touching distance.

But two quickfire strikes from Liam Bartholomew and Jordan Jolly put the game beyond Deeside’s reach before Jolly completed his treble with a final effort two minutes from time.

Telford’s fifth win of the season takes them up to fourth, ahead of an Altrincham Aces side who couldn’t prevent the league leaders Bradford from bulldozing their way to a 6-3 home victory.

Hull Jets kept up the pace with the Bulldogs, though, as they battled to a 5-2 away success against third placed Sheffield Senators.

Deeside Dragons now travel to Altrincham on Sunday for a crucial fixture in the NIHL Laidler Conference with their upcoming opponents just one place and three points ahead of them.