ANDREW THOMAS will be sitting by the phone waiting for a call from referee Gavin Townsend after he took centre stage in Airbus’s 1-0 defeat to Barry Town United.

Kayne McLaggon’s tap-in from a well-worked Barry counter ultimately settled a game littered with talking points.

Airbus lost Jake Phillips to a nasty first-half challenge by Callum Sainty, who was shown a yellow card, while Matthew Sargent - watched by Wrexham assistant Brian Flynn - saw red for a tackle on Chris Hugh.

Boss Steve O’Shaughnessy was then sent-off for two yellow cards, the second a case of mistaken identity as he was wrongly accused of throwing a water bottle onto the pitch in frustration.

Aside from those decisions, Airbus also saw two efforts ruled out, one for offside and the second for a foul on Barry stopper Mike Lewis, who was in-fact impeded by his own player.

That all left a bitter taste in the mouth for Airbus with assistant boss Thomas saying: “It’s hard to explain. Looking back at a few decisions and they are unbelievable. The goal we had ruled out when their keeper is taken out by his own man is particularly tough to take.

“The referee said to me that he would call me if he was wrong about some decisions, so I will be waiting for a call.”

The man in the middle’s decision-making took the shine off another strong performance by Airbus, who could have snatched a point even with 10-men but Andy Owens volleyed wide at the back post with the goal gaping.

“The minimum we deserved was a draw,” continued Thomas. “The first thing their manager said to me at the end was that we were excellent.

“It’s disappointing that we’ve not come out of the game with anything, but we need to to take the positives because we controlled the 90 minutes.

“We can only get stronger. We are a new team and we’ve played really well against a team at the top of the table.”

Penybont remain at the foot of the table as Jamie Crowther’s last gasp strike secured a 3-2 home win for Caernarfon.

Leo Smith and Jamie Breese had twice put Caernarfon in the lead, but Nathan Wood and Curtis Jemmett-Hudson looked to have earned Penybont a point.

Crowther was delighted with his strike, writing: “Nothing better than scoring a last minute winner!!!”