RGC continued their pursuit of the Principality Premiership title with an impressive 50-21 home victory over a spitired Swansea.

The Gogs came out flying and notched the first try of the afternoon on three minutes when Tiaan Loots crashed over. Jacob Botica added the extras.

Things got even better for the hosts soon after when full-back Dion Jones produced a fine piece of skill to touch down on four minutes for an unconverted score.

Gradually the All Whites begun to impose themselves and they found a route back into the contest on 14 minutes when Adrian Claypole crossed the white wash, with the same player adding the conversion, and Jay Williams also helped himself to a score on 17 to put them ahead. Owen Howe added the extras.

The visitors were in rampant mood and they pulled further clear on 26 when Mitch Walsh dived over, with Howe once again nailing the extra-points.

RGC responded well to the setback and they reduced the arrears on 39 minutes when Andrew Williams powered across the line, and a Botica conversion made it a two-point game at the break.

After the break saw Mark Jones’ side get their noses in-front once again on 51 minutes when Iolo Evans touched down after a fine team move. Botica fired over the extras with a superb kick to give them a five-point advantage.

The home side were now fully in the ascandancy and the best move of the match was finished off by Tom Hughes on 57 minutes, and Botica continued his outstanding afternoon by despatching another conversion.

Swansea missed a chance to put some points on the board when Howe missed a penalty from halfway after a brief spell of pressure, but they did receive a boost to their hopes of salvaging something from the game when Gogs’ skipper Mareydydd Francis was sent to the sin bin.

The hosts withstood the pressure and even managed to pull ahead further when Botica added three more points courtesy of a penalty on 76 minutes, and they put the exclamation point on proceedings on 79 when Williams helped himself to a brace, and the New Zealand fly-half converted.

There was still time for another score which came on in stoppage time following a blistering wing run from Rhys Williams, and Botica drilled over the extras to complete the rout.