A LIVERPOOL man who embarked on a 'shocking' dangerous driving spree in Flintshire has been jailed.

Warren Debnam, 36, of Newby Street, appeared before Mold Crown Court for sentencing on Thursday, July 28.

He had previously pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving whilst disqualified, with excess alcohol, with no insurance and failing to stop, as well as damaging police property. 

Ember Wong, prosecuting, told the court that the offences all took place on November 6 of last year.

Read more: Flintshire: Row over oven led to knife-wielding man 'losing it', court hears

She told how Debnam had been driving a Vauxhall Insignia dangerously in Connah's Quay.

Dashcam footage captured by a witness who followed closely behind the vehicle for some time was shown in court.

It showed Debnam firstly pulling out recklessly in front of the witness' vehicle at a junction before straddling both lanes on the road towards Mold Road.

It was on Mold Road where the largest part of the incidents that night occurred, Ms Wong said.

The dashcam footage showed Debnam slamming into parked cars before driving the wrong way around a one-way system.

Another witness told how he also saw Debnam driving the wrong way along this road while also hearing a noise which 'sounded like a tyre popping'.

That witness saw the driver get out and walk towards the Custom House pub. He was said to be 'stumbling'.

Other witnesses who provided statements had 'heard a loud bang' and been told that 'cars had been hit' along the street.

The vehicle was found abandoned after crashing into a fence post, the court heard.

As a result of the incident, one witness - a health worker - was left without a car for three days while another victim saw their car completely written off with the passenger door said to be 'destroyed'.

The Leader:

PIC: Mold Road, Connah's Quay, where the offences took place and (inset) Mold Crown Court.

An officer later found Debnam - who was having an altercation with another man. He was said to be 'struggling to stay on his feet' and 'heavily intoxicated'.

Debnam refused a roadside breath test and became abusive towards officers at the scene. When placed in the police vehicle, he was headbutting walls and caused criminal damage to the door seal.

He was later found to have 83 milligrams of alcohol in 100ml of breath - the legal limit being 35mg.

James Coutts, defending, told the court that Debnam is 'ashamed' by the incidents.

He added: "He knows he needs to grow up and needs to rid himself of both cocaine and alcohol."

Mr Coutts said that, since the incident, Debnam had stopped abusing such substances and 'recognised that he does need some help' to help him 'deal with his demons'.

Sentencing Debnam, Judge Niclas Parry described the offences as a 'shocking case of dangerous driving awash with aggravating features'.

He handed Debnam a 14-month prison sentence to 'reflect the overall incident' and disqualified him from driving for a period of three years and seven months.