A HOUSE blaze in Saint Asaph was caused by smoking materials, fire chiefs have concluded.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service received a call shortly after 10pm on Monday reporting the incident, in Lower Denbigh Road.

Two crew attended the scene - one each fro Rhyl and Saint Asaph - to tackle the blaze.

A spokesman confirmed the damage was confined to a section of carpet.

One casualty was given first aid at the scene and advised to go to hospital as a precautionary measure.

The incident was declared over by 11pm.