A PERSON was taken to hospital following a house fire in Flint in the early hours of this morning.

Two crews were at the scene of the fire at an address on Salisbury Street, where a fire is believed to have been started accidentally in a bedroom.

Three people were checked over by ambulance staff and a fourth was taken to hospital for further assessment.

A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue said: "A hose jet was trained on the house while two officers wearing breathing apparatus entered the building.

"They used thermal imaging cameras to navigate through the building and check for potential casualties and hotspots."

“The bedroom suffered 100% fire damage and the rest of the house suffered smoke damage. One casualty was taken to hospital.”

Crews from Flint and Holywell were called to the scene shortly before 3am and spent three hours there.