AN UNATTENDED toaster caused a kitchen fire in Aston, it has been confirmed.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service received a call just after 8.30am on Sunday reporting the incident, at a property in Courtland Drive.

Two crews from Deeside attended the scene and used a hose reel jet, two sets of breathing apparatus and a Co2 extinguisher to tackle the flames.

A spokesman for the fire service confirmed the cause was an unattended toaster.

The Blaze resulted in 25 per cent fire damage to the kitchen, as well as 50 per cent smoke damage.

There were no casualties, the spokesman added.