A BLAZE in the bedroom of a Flintshire home was caused by a gas valve fault, it has been confirmed.

The Leader reported on Thursday how fire crews were called out to Village Road in Pentre Halkyn at about 4.30pm.

Neighbouring properties were evacuated while firefighters dealt with the blaze, which was in the bedroom of a bungalow.

A spokesman confirmed on Friday morning that the incident had come about because a faulty valve caused a gas cylinder to leak.

The damage was confined to the valve and gas bottle and nobody was injured.

Crews used a pair of hose reel jets, two sets of breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera, as well as a gas monitor.

The incident was declared over just before 7.45pm.