FLINT Coastguard Rescue Team was called on to assist with two incidents in Denbighshire last night.

Just before 9pm on Wednesday, the team was paged by UK Coastguard to assist Rhyl Coastguard Rescue Team with a female on Barkby Beach, Prestatyn, who had fallen down the dunes and sustained a broken leg.

A spokesman said: "Team on scene met up with Rhyl team and paramedics from Wales Ambulance Service who were administrating first aid.

"Rhyl officer in charge confirmed it to be a suspected broken ankle and due to the terrain and distance to the ambulance that coastguard helicopter Rescue 936 had been requested and tasked to assist.

"A section of the beach had been identified and the area was set up for a helicopter landing site, ready for the inbound Rescue 936.

"Decision by the helicopter crew to take the casualty on board and land on the beach next to the ambulance so the casualty could be taken to hospital via road.

"Another landing site was set up by Flint Coastguard Rescue Team and once the Rescue 936 landed two team members assisted with the casualty transfer from the aircraft to the ambulance. Once completed both teams stood down."

As the team was standing down and packing away the kit, a member of the public approached Coastguard Officers with concerns for a male seen "drinking a large bottle of whiskey last seen walking towards the waters edge" on Barkby Beach.

The Flint Coastguard Team spokesman added: "With the incoming tide both Flint Bravo and Rhyl Bravo discussed the information provided and Holyhead CGOC informed.

"As a result Flint Coastguard Rescue Team and Rhyl Coastguard Rescue Team tasked to carry out a search of the beach and immediate area.

"A white illumination parachute flare set off to light up the immediate area but no one was seen.

"As a result two search teams were sent out with one searching East and one searching towards the West.

"After a 15 minute search a male matching the description was seen and approached.

"He confirmed he was not in any danger and had been walking along the water's edge after seeing the Coastguard Rescue Helicopter from the previous incident.

"We were happy this was the male reported and we had no cause for concerns."