FIRE crews were called to tackle an outdoor fire in Bronington on Thursday afternoon.

A spokesman for the North Wales Fire and Rescue Service confirmed they were called at 3.17pm to reports of a fire in the open.

One appliance from was sent along with one from Shropshire which was caused by a controlled burning which had gone ‘out of control’.

The fire involved logs outside of a building, causing damage to five wooden panels on a nearby building, fire damage to a hot tub and a gas cylinder.

Two hose reel jets were used to tackle the blaze.

A spokesman for Shropshire Fire Service said on Twitter: “We were first in attendance the IC got two hose reel jets to work. A propane cylinder was also involved in fire. Crews cooled, removed and monitored temperature.”