FIREFIGHTERS were called to a camper van fire on Wednesday afternoon.

A spokesman for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service confirmed they were called to Overton Road – which sits just below the badly flooded A525 Straight Mile - shortly before 3.30pm.

Two appliances were sent to the scene, with one from Wrexham and one from Deeside making their way into the flood stricken village.

Firefighters used two hose reel jets and two breathing apparatus’ to deal with the fire.

The spokesman added that the fire was caused by an electrical fault with 100 per cent fire damage caused to the vehicle and 10 percent fire damaged caused to the side of the property.

Two people were checked over for smoke inhalation. 

The Leader: