THE parents of a 15-year-old who died as a result of a rare and catastrophic sequence of events are going to work to provide support for other parents who suffer the sudden loss of a child.

After the inquest into the death of Abby Reese Beaumont concluded that her death at her home in Pantymwyn was an accident, her parents Darren and Alison paid tribute to their daughter.

Darren, 51, said the inquest was another step in the family's journey following Abby's death on Tuesday, April 2, last year.

He said he faced reminders of his daughter every day - an Easter egg for her in the garage, or a list of subjects the Year 10 Mold Alun pupil was planning to revise in the school holidays.

He added that the help and support the family had received in the aftermath of losing Abby "was not that good" and he and his wife hoped to do something to help other families in the future.

Describing Abby, he said: "She was a very grown up, mature young lady for 15.

"We didn't just lose a daughter, she was a good friend to both of us.

"Abby was independent and very confident.

"She was very friendly and popular with other children, both of her own age and younger.

"She had a lot of friends but was also comfortable in her own company. We have a lovely home and she was very happy at home."

Mr Beaumont, who along with his wife runs a business, said the family loved America, and Abby and her sister Jess had enjoyed family holidays there from a young age.

Darren added: "Abby always looked forward to going there."

Alison, 47, and Darren said they hope to do something positive to help other families.

Darren said: "Losing a child has got to be the worst experience anyone can go through.

"To lose a child in such a drastic fashion, it's a shock."

Alison said: "We thanked them all.

"We know that they tried their best."

Darren added: "It was so sad and unfortunate."

The inquest at County Hall Mold today (Tuesday, February 25) heard that everything was done to save Abby after she collapsed on the floor of the kitchen at the family home.

Coroner for North Wales (East and Central) John Gittins paid tribute to neighbours, paramedics and police officers who came to the aid of Abby at home and the team of about 20 doctors and medical staff at Wrexham Maelor Hospital.

On that day, Abby had returned home from school and made her own teatime meal of chicken nachos. She then went to her bedroom where it was usual for her to lie on her bed and chat to friends on social media. The family had heard her coughing but there seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary.

Shortly after 11pm, Abby came downstairs to the kitchen, where she turned the light on and called for her parents before collapsing.

Her father went straight to her and found her on her side with her eyes closed and blood coming from her mouth.

Mr Beaumont said: "I knew it was something serious."

Abby's sister Jess went to fetch neighbours - one of which was an A&E doctor and another was in the military with medical training. Within minutes they were joined by paramedics, an ambulance crew and police officers. Between 11.37pm and 12.15, they all attempted to save Abby on the kitchen floor.

Paramedic and clinical team leader Jon Cross, who coincidently is a neighbour of the Beaumont family, made it to the home from Mold ambulance station within seven minutes and was the first member of the emergency services on the scene.

He said that on arrival he found Abby to be in the most serious form of cardiac arrest - she had flatlined - and that the prognosis in such cases was very poor.

He said: "In those circumstance we had to give Abby everything that we could."

Those efforts included intubation, 11 doses of adrenaline at the house, and a further three at the hospital, and continued CPR at the home, in the ambulance, and at the Maelor.

Dr Ranjeev Shukla, paediatric pathologist at Liverpool's Alder Hey Hospital, told the inquest that regurgitated food material and stomach acid was found in the smaller branches of Abby's lungs during the post-mortem examination. She had not choked, but rather the regurgitated material had resulted in irritation, bleeding and lack of oxygen.

The cause of death was foreign body aspiration with massive pulmonary haemorrhage.

Mr Gittins said what happened to Abby transpired "very, very quickly" and it was proper to record that she died at her family's home on April 2 rather than at the hospital the following morning.

Mr Beaumont replied: "We have always maintained that Abby died at home."

Recording a conclusion of accidental death, Mr Gittins said: "This was just an awful event.

"Its clear that Abby was a girl who was very cared for, and loved and supported by her family and friends."