A chopping board left on a cooker led to a kitchen blaze in Ruabon.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service received a call shortly after 5.30pm on Thursday reporting the incident in St Michael's Close.

Two crews from Wrexham were sent to the scene.

A spokesman for the fire service told the Leader the blaze was confined to the kitchen and no persons were injured.

The cause of the incident was a chopping board left on a cooker, the spokesman added.

Fifty per cent fire damage was caused to the cooker.