THE pressure continues to mount on under-fire Wrexham manager Bryan Hughes following another defeat.

Wrexham made the trip to Fylde on the back of a 1-0 reverse at Aldershot three days earlier that left the Reds in the relegation zone.

Given the dreaded vote of confidence by the club's board of directors ahead of the back-to-back away defeats, Hughes will be worried about his future after seeing his side go eight games without a league win.

But it could have been a different outcome at Mill Farm where Wrexham were the better team for an hour.

Fylde went into the game on the back of a 3-1 win over Eastleigh that ended a seven-game winless run and took the Coasters out of the bottom four but the Reds made the perfect start as the returning Jake Lawlor opened the scoring.

That was Wrexham's first ever goal in six games against Fylde and it was also the first time that the centre-back has found the net for the Reds.

Wrexham were dangerous going forward but a mistake by Christian Dibble gifted Fylde an equaliser.

However, Jason Oswell regained a lead that Wrexham deserved in added time but another Dibble mistake put Fylde back on level terms in the second half.

But there was only team in it from then and Fylde went onto score a third goal to clinch three points and leave Wrexham still looking for their first win against the Coasters following a frustrating evening.

The starting line-up showed four changes from the side that started Saturday's defeat at Aldershot as Hughes switched to a 3-4-3 system

Lawlor - back after serving a four match suspension - Jazzi Barnum-Bobb, Luke Summerfield and Devonte Redmond were preferred to Mark Carrington, Adam Barton, Akil Wright and Bobby Grant.

Barton, Wright and Ben Tollitt, a second half replacement at The Recreation Ground, didn't even make the substitutes bench where there was a place for fit-again striker Leighton McIntosh.

Wrexham, wearing special Gresford Colliery memorial shirts, got off to the ideal start as the Reds took the lead after seven minutes.

Luke Young delivered a cross into the area and Michael Chambers' shot went in off Lawlor.

Fylde saw a lot of the ball but a good move by Wrexham saw Redmond thread a pass through to Barnum-Bobb who has bombed forward and his dangerous cross aimed at Oswell was cut out for a corner.

Young saw a low drive fall wide as Wrexham continued to press while Fylde had their first chance but Jordan Williams' effort was off target

It had been a good performance by Wrexham but they shot themselves in the foot by conceding a poor equaliser on 29 minutes.

Dibble failed to deal with Lawlor's backpass, Williams stole the ball and Danny Rowe fired home.

Kyle Jameson headed wide after Fylde won a corner but Wrexham responded with Summerfield clearing the bar and the small stand behind the goal.

Williams shot wide for Fylde and Oswell took the ball down well before finding the sidenetting, but Wrexham were back ahead in first half injury time.

Harris won the ball and beat Neill Byrne on the left before picking out Oswell who converted from close range.

Fylde made a lively start to the second period and Rowe's curling effort from distance fell wide but Lawlor saw a header from Young's corner well saved by keeper Dan Lavercombe.

Harris fired over for Wrexham but Fylde were starting to get on top and they equalised after 59 minutes, although it came through another mistake, as substitute Dan Bradley's shot went straight through Dibble into the net.

Back came Wrexham and Oswell's header was tipped behind by Lavercombe following Young's free-kick.

Dibble pulled off a good save to deny Dan Bradley and Ryan Croasdale wasn't far away but Fylde took the lead for the first time on 68 minute.

This time Dibble could do nothing about it as Nick Haughton scored with a superb shot from just outside the area.

Fylde threatened more goals as a Byrne header came back off the bar and Danny Philliskirk's follow up was saved by Dibble who also did well to deny Haughton in the next attack.

It was all Fylde and Rowe was thwarted by Dibble but Wrexham didn't look like equalising and they were on the end of another defeat.

AFC Fylde (3-5-2): Lavercombe; Jameson, Whitmore (Haughton 46), Byrne; Duxbury, Philliskirk, Rowe, Croasdale, Forbes; Willoughby (Bradley 46), Williams. Subs: Montgomery, Yeates, Ngwatala.

Wrexham (3-4-3): Dibble; Lawlor, Pearson, Chambers; Barnum-Bobb, Summerfield, Young, Jennings; Redmond (Grant 79), Oswell, Harris (McIntosh 79). Subs: Szczepaniak, Rutherford, Carrington.