A FIRE at a derelict building in Saltney Ferry was accidental, it has been confirmed.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service received a call just before 8.39am on Monday reporting a blaze at a property in Saltney Ferry Road.

One crew from Deeside attended the scene and used a hose reel jet to put out the flames.

A spokesman for the service told the Leader the blaze had involved a wooden beam on the outside of the building and the damage was minimal.

The cause was confirmed to be accidental due to smoking materials.