A FORMER boyfriend of Girls Aloud member Nicola Roberts who was found guilty of stalking the pop star has broken the terms of his suspended sentence by attacking his father.

War veteran Carl Davies, 41, admitted biting a chunk out of Cyril Davies' arm during a drunken attack at the older man's home in Queen's Avenue, Flint, in February this year, but sentencing had been deferred to Mold Crown Court since March in order for the former soldier to receive treatment for PTSD following his active service in Afghanistan.

Davies committed the offence while on a suspended sentence for harassing Ms Roberts over a four year period from the end of their relationship in 2012.

He had been given a lifetime restraining order after threatening to stab and burn the singer, who he dated for 18 months, and was slapped with the restraining order in May 2017 after he sent the Girls Aloud star 3,000 vile messages from 35 fake social media accounts.

Davies was given a 15-month prison sentence by Guilford Crown Court in March 2018, suspended for two years, and a lifetime restraining order at the time with Roberts later telling interviewers how she was scared to leave her windows open at night or take her dogs for a walk. She also worried about the safety of her new partner.

The court heard Davies, of Oak Grove, Manor Estate, Flint, had been drinking and was at his father's home at around 8.30pm on February 15 when the older man began questioning about his drug use.

Karl Scholz, prosecuting, said: "His father questioned whether he had taken more than alcohol which brought a violent reaction. His father was punched to the body and they struggled and went to ground. He bit his father's arm and a piece of flesh about the size of a 10p piece was removed in the process."

Davies said he would kill his father if he accused him again of taking drugs and when Mr Davies went to get a mop to tidy up blood and wine that was spilt on the floor the violence broke out again and Davies hit his father with the mop leaving "tramlines" across his thighs.

Mr Scholz said Mr Davies wanted his son removed from the house and contacted police who attended the address and arrested him, before he gave a "no comment" interview.

Mr Davies later issued a withdrawal saying his son had never punched or bitten him, said Mr Scholz.

Following the deferment of sentencing for treatment, Davies was said to be suffering from PTSD after time serving in Afghanistan and a particular event where he saw a comrade killed by an improvised explosive device (IED).

Robin Boag, defending, said his client had "addressed these matters" and completed one course of treatment for the disorder and started another.

"Not only has it been completed but it's been successful," he said, adding Davies' attitude had changed and that he was now benefitting from professional assistance.

Judge David Hale told Davies that he was not going to activate the suspended sentence in view of his ongoing treatment but imposed a £300 fine in relation to the breach and sentenced him to 12 months in jail, suspended for two years.

"It was a serious assault," he added. "It was a sustained attack on your father. You were in reality out of control when you punched him, bit him and struck him with a mop.

"Your PTSD was brought about by the horrific incident with the IED in Afghanistan in which your colleague was killed. You are making progress with that and I hope this court never sees you again."