A MAN breached his restraining order in anger after his former partner "made him look like a monster" in a national magazine article, a court was told.

Samuel Howell Foulkes, 27, made allegations about her in Facebook entries in January.

Foulkes, of Brook Street in Rhos, admitted that on January 12 he posted comments about Ceri Shone on Facebook which he was prohibited from doing under an injunction imposed at the family court in Wrexham last summer.

Foulkes was told it was a deliberate breach of a court order.

Magistrates told him they took a dim view of such a breach but they accepted that there had been an element of provocation by the publication of the magazine article.

It did cause concern that in his interview with the probation service that he tended to minimise what he had done and did not take full responsibility.

He was placed on a 12 month community order and ordered to carry out 60 hours unpaid work.

Magistrates ordered him to pay £85 costs and an £85 surcharge.

Prosecutor Rhian Jackson told North East Wales Magistrates Court the injunction was granted to Miss Shone in June of last year but in January comments about her appeared on Facebook.

Foulkes accepted he was responsible but said it was in response to a magazine article about him based on his former partner's comments.

He had written on Facebook that he did not want it to come to this but felt that he had to respond.

Foulkes made allegations about her and said in the magazine article she had made him out to be a monster.

Andy Holliday, defending, said what happened was a direct result of the publication of the magazine article.

It was an article that not only appeared in the national magazine but was also shared around social media which caused him a great deal of stress and embarrassment.

Mr Holliday said his client made full admissions and the lawyer asked the magistrates to depart from their guidelines and imposed a discharge, or unpaid work.

A probation officer said that the defendant lacked victim empathy.

He took the view that both were responsible in the circumstances yet it was only him who was in court.

Foulkes, the Mold court heard, was now in a new relationship.

He was self-employed in communications and worked throughout the country.