A SINGLE mother-of-four threatened to blow up her home after she barricaded her family inside.

The Wrexham woman then put a live film of attempts to evict her on Facebook.

Anne Marie Jones put a note on the door of her first floor flat which read: "Warning - all entrances are wired to the gas mains.

"Any attempt to enter property will trip. You have been warned".

It led to a three-hour siege situation where local people were evacuated and a nearby leisure centre had to close as a precaution.

Finally she gave herself up and was arrested, Mold Crown Court was told.

Jones, 28, denied obstructing police at Peris, Acrefair, in June but was convicted in her absence by magistrates.

Appearing for sentence at Mold Crown Court Jones, now living in Coedpoeth, was given a chance.

Judge Niclas Parry told her: “I doubt if there are terrorists operating in Acrefair but if there were they could hardly have caused more disruption that you did.”

He said the incident involved 18 police officers and a trained police negotiator with people being moved out of their homes because she stupidly put a note on the door warning of a possible explosion if public servants, there to evict her, entered.

She had caused significant disruption while on a suspended sentence for drugs offences.

But she had four children aged under nine and the judge said he had some sympathy for her.

She knew she was being evicted and that she and the children had nowhere to go.

It had been “a desperate measure” to try to ensure someone would give them a roof over their heads when she was evicted.

Jones was placed on an 18 month community order and a three-month tagged curfew to remain indoors between 6.30pm and 6am.

Barrister Ryan Rothwell, prosecuting, said an eviction was due to take place at 2pm on June 29.

That morning it had been confirmed by email that alternative accommodation had not been arranged.

She barricaded herself in her home and council officials were met by the note on the door warning that if they entered it could trigger a gas explosion.

Police were contacted, residents within a 75 metre radius were evacuated and a leisure centre was closed as a precaution.

A police sergeant spoke to her through a window and expressed concern for the welfare of Jones and her children but Jones was said to be obstructive and argumentative.

She denied putting the note on the door and repeatedly asked for evidence that it had been there.

Mr Rothwell said a council official had the presence of mind to take a photograph of it.

Jones filmed herself and streamed it live on Facebook and expressed anger that alternative accommodation had not been arranged.

She told how she would “kick off” if an eviction was enforced.

Gas officials isolated the supply and a trained negotiator spent 40 minutes unsuccessfully trying to persuade her to come out.

Locksmiths were called out and a last ditch attempt by police to convince her to come out led her to give herself up.

Jones then claimed she had nothing to do with the note and even claimed that council officials had used a picture from another incident.

She said she did not want to be “chucked out of her home” with nowhere for her children aged nine, eight, four and 18 months to go.

Myles Wilson, defending, said he would not mitigate when the judge indicated the sentence he had in mind.