A SUPERMARKET assistant who suffered from alcohol abuse died at her home last summer from a fall after drinking, an inquest heard.

Kim Louise Parry, died in Windsor Drive, Flint, on July 1, 2017.

The 47-year-old was found by her partner, John James Evans, at the bottom of the stairs at about 2am.

John Gittins, coroner for North Wales East and Central, told an inquest in Ruthin that Miss Parry died as a result of acute alcohol toxicity in her blood.

She had fallen, resulting in a head injury.

Mr Gittins told the inquest Miss Parry had suffered health problems in the past including a mild stroke in June 2016 and in January 2017 she had fallen in the night and sustained a bleed on the brain as well as fractured ribs.

One of her two daughters told the inquest Miss Parry was on medication right up to her death.

Mr Gittins read that Miss Parry "had a history of long-standing alcohol abuse" and would normally drink a bottle of wine a night.

Mr Evans said on the night before her death his partner drank a bottle of wine as usual and fell asleep on the sofa watching television so he went to bed.

At around 1.50am he heard a loud bang and went downstairs to find Miss Parry at the bottom of the stairs with cut and blood on her head and blood on the carpet.

He attempted CPR before the ambulance arrived but after about 30 minutes of paramedic treatment, Miss Parry was pronounced dead at the scene.

An investigation was launched by North Wales Police as to whether Mr Evans had been involved in the death.

A Home Office post-mortem examination was conducted by Dr Paul Johnson, who concluded there was "no evidence that supported the original hypothesis that Mr Evans had been involved in her death."

Mr Gittins said the post-mortem revealed that Miss Parry had 342mg of alcohol in her blood - the equivalent of about four times the legal driving limit.

He said: "This is a high quantity of alcohol. That level for some people is potentially toxic or even fatal."

Dr Johnson said Miss Parry did not suffer another stroke which led to her fall but recorded that her death was due to "acute alcohol toxicity with a fall relating to head and chest injuries".

The post-mortem also indicated Miss Parry had coronary and arterial issues which could have led to her "collapsing at any time".

For this reason Mr Gittins recorded the cause of the accidental death as a fall and head injury due to "acute alcohol toxicity" and with coronary disease as a contributory factor.