A MAN from Wrexham has been jailed for assaulting the same doorman for a second time.

Daniel Owen Jones went on to threaten to burn his house down and kill the victim’s family.

Jones, 32, of Grosvenor Gardens, admitted assaulting Michael Kenneth Thompson on April 4.

North East Wales magistrates heard that back in 2015 Jones had been jailed for 14 months at Mold Crown Court for assaulting Mr Thompson.

One night in April he approached the doorman while on duty and said he wanted to shake hands and apologise.

The victim made clear he did not want anything to do with him.

But Jones then became aggressive and told him: “I can call someone now to get your house.”

He said he knew where Mr Thompson lived.

The complainant remained calm and stood with his hands in his pockets but Jones threw a punch towards him which missed.

A colleague tried to calm him down but he said he would get people down from Liverpool, prosecutor Rhian Jackson.

Then he started threatening him about his girlfriend and children.

He said: “I will burn your house down and kill your family.”

Jones also threatened to blow up his car.

He was told to shut up and go home and Mr Thompson walked away.

But Jones threw several punches towards him and two connected with his face.

He suffered a cut to the forehead and a cut to the chin in the early morning incident outside One to Five in Town Hill.

CCTV footage was available which showed him throwing a number of punches, said Mrs Jackson.

Andy Halliday, defending, said although it had gone horribly wrong the intention to do the right thing was there.

“He was trying to do right,” he told the Mold court.

The complainant, of course, was entitled to refuse to shake his hand and not speak to him.

Jones felt sufficient time had elapsed, there was enough water under the bridge and he was hoping to shake hands, apologise and move on.

It was a genuine motivation but then took it as a slight when the complainant refused to talk to him.

Mr Halliday said Jones had worked hard since his release to work with the probation service. He wanted to keep his head down and keep out of trouble.

Magistrates jailed him for 20 weeks after he admitted assault and said he had an appalling criminal record with a considerable history for violence.

He had anger and control issues and they said if he was genuinely motivated to change, then he would have left Mr Thompson well alone.