A CAR is now a write-off following a fire on the A55 caused by an electrical fault.

Firefighters were called to a vehicle on the dual carriageway near Pentre Halkyn, Holywell, yesterday afternoon.

The incident occurred about 4.15pm after an electrical fault caused the vehicle to burst into flames.

A North Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "We were called to a car fire on the A55 near Pentre Halkyn at approximately 4.15pm today.

"One fire engine from Flint was sent to the scene and firefighters used a high volume pump but the car suffered 100 per cent damage.’’