THE MOTHER of a Mold postman who was killed more than 15 years ago has said she will not give up hope that police will find those responsible.

Paul Savage was beaten to death with a wooden baton while making his delivery round in Mold on February 4, 2003.

North Wales Police announced yesterday that the force will continue to explore any new evidence or intelligence that may assist bring justice to Mr Savage's family.

Mr Savage's mother June White, who now lives in the Lancashire area, said she was delighted about the commitment and said it brought her family fresh hope.

Mrs White, 68, told the Leader: "I am buzzing. My adrenaline is going like it was 15 years ago.

"I have had quite a few calls about it and the police have been in touch.

"I am pleased that they have never given up - it is not closed and they are still looking.

"Somebody out there knows something and I won't give up.

"I have been through a lot in the last 15 years. About three years after Paul was killed my husband Lance died after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

"Then two years later I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, but I was lucky. I was given the all-clear five years later.

"Now I feel like I am awake again. Someone has to come forward this time."

Detective Superintendent Iestyn Davies of North Wales Police said: "The investigation into an unsolved murder is never closed and North Wales Police will continue to explore any new evidence or intelligence that may assist bring justice to Paul’s family.

"We will also explore any advances in DNA evidence and to this end I have recently asked our crime scene manager to conduct a further review of the forensic material gathered to establish the possibility of any fresh evidence being obtained.

"Paul’s mother June will also be visited and updated by officers from the Major Incident Team but at this time there is insufficient [evidence] to justify a reinvestigation.

“Paul’s death was subject of a full investigation in 2003 and 2009 and we would dearly like to bring to justice those responsible, not just for the sake of his family and friends but also the local community and North Wales Police.

"I’d therefore encourage anybody who has any new information about his murder to speak to us."

Mr Savage died in Wrexham Maelor Hospital aged 30, after he was found lying beside his delivery bike in the snow on Clayton Road with his mailbag alongside him.

Information can be passed to police in several ways, from either speaking to a local police officer or PCSO, contacting the control room direct via the web live chat or phoning 101.

To pass information anonymously, phone Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.