ad

Wrexham AFC: Scott Boden signs as Dean Keates targets two more arrivals

Published date: 06 July 2017 |
Published by: Richard Williams
Read more articles by Richard Williams


Dean Keates 

DEAN KEATES is targeting two more new signings before the start of the new season.

The Wrexham boss is revamping the squad ahead of a 10th campaign in non-league and 11 players have arrived at The Racecourse so far this summer, with Scott Boden announced as the latest new recruit after leaving Inverness Caledonian Thistle, the striker signing a one year deal.

Keates now has 16 players in his ranks, and he would like another two before Wrexham kick-off the National League season with a home match against Macclesfield Town on August 5.

“We are still looking maybe to get another two in,” said Keates. “We want to go in around the 18 mark so we are still looking.

“We have got one or two trialists in and we are speaking to other options.

“But it is a bit like Scott Boden’s situation when they are still at football clubs and have been told they are not part of their plans but they are surveying their options.

”We are still looking and speaking. There are no definites at the moment but we are speaking to a few people.

”There were one or two where we thought we were almost there but then the goalposts moved.”

Keates, happy with his defensive options, admits he would like to bring in a midfielder and a striker.

”We have got a lot of versatility in the squad, especially across the midfield four, and that does help us out that way,” said Keates.

”We will more than likely look at another forward and a midfielder.”

  • See full story in the Leader

For more news from across the region visit newsnorthwales.co.uk

Featured Businesses

View all adverts