AIRBUS held Connah’s Quay Nomads to a 2-2 draw in their pre-season clash at The Airfield.

This was Nomads’ first match since their Europa League exploits, where they lost 3-1 on aggregate against HJK Helsinki in the first qualifying round.

Michael Wilde went close for Nomads on 29 minutes but was narrowly denied, before finally breaking the deadlock on 33 minutes with a clinical finish having broken the offside trap.

Callum Morris and Ryan Wignall then combined to nearly make it tow, but on the stroke of half-time, Cymru Alliance side Airbus were awarded a penalty for a foul on Aaron Bowen and the forward dusted himself off to slot home the spotkick.

Morris restored Nomads lead on 54 minutes as he slid in at the far post before Leo Riley levelled with a well-taken free-kick from 25 yards which beat John Rushton in heavy rain.

Nomads pre-season continues tomorrow at Colwyn Bay (7.45pm).

Airbus meanwhile have snapped up former Wrexham goalkeeper Andy Coughlin.

The Liverpool-born 24-year-old started his career in the Centre of Excellence at Tranmere Rovers and signed a two-year apprenticeship in the summer of 2009. He signed his first professional contract in April 2012 and made his debut in a 1–1 draw with Hartlepool United.

After a loan spell with Fleetwood Town, he was released at the end of the 2011/12 season and joined Wrexham on trial, before signing a one-year deal making his debut in a 3-2 win against Stockport County. After a season as second choice, Coughlin extended his deal in the summer of 2013 and took over the number one spot from Joslain Mayebi, going on to complete 52 appearances.

He subsequently joined Southport for the 2015–2016 season, before spending last term with Barrow.

Coughlin was called up by the England semi-pros in February 2014 by manager Steve Burr and made his debut against Jordan U23s in March 2014, keeping a clean sheet in a 1-0 win.

Cefn Druids continued their preparations for the new campaign with a 3-3 pre-season draw against Congleton at The Rock.

The visitors led 2-0 on the 25 minutes mark before a Druids’ trialists got Huw Griffiths’ side back in it on 54 minutes. Ilan Ap Gareth drew the teams level on 81 minutes, Congleton retook the lead with one minute to go but Nathan Peate salvaged a draw in stoppage time.

Bala Town drew 1-1 with Porthmadog, Newtown defeated Market Drayton 3-2 while a Wigan XI saw off Llandudno 4-1.

Holywell Town were beaten 3-2 against Blacon Youth in a game arranged a short notice due to Holywell’s friendly with Conwy being called off late last week.

The Wellmen levelled through Shaun Tuck after Blacon took an early lead, before Danny Desormeaux put John Haseldin’s side ahead, but two second-half strikes pulled the Chester outfit ahead.

Gresford Athletic continue to get minutes under their belt in their 2-0 loss at South Liverpool.

Flint Town United were edged out 1-0 in their friendly with Bangor City, despite Mark Cadwallader going close to an equaliser in the first-half.

FC Queen’s Park lost 3-2 at Llanrheadr, while Brickfield Rangers held Holyhead Hotspur to a 0-0 draw.

Chirk AAA defeated Rhostyllen 2-1, Matty Williams scoring two headed goals, while Greenfield and Saltney Town played out an entertaining 3-3 draw.

Saltney have strengthened their ranks with a quartet of new arrivals over the weekend, with Lucas Cruz, Ryan Farrell, Dan Cooper and Luke Douglas all penning deals with the Chester border side.