Proposals for more than 40 homes which were delayed due to an administrative error are to be reconsidered.
Members of Flintshire Council’s planning committee will meet on Wednesday to decide on proposals for 43 homes on land at Ffordd Eldon, Sychdyn.
A decision on the proposal, which has been recommended for approval, had to be delayed at last month’s meeting because of an administrative error.
At the time, Andrew Farrow, the council’s chief officer for planning and environment, told the meeting: “As is normal process, once this had been confirmed on the agenda we wrote to everybody who has made representations to make them aware it would be on the agenda and offer everybody the chance to speak.
“It became clear not everybody had received that letter in time or at all and therefore I think some people have been prejudiced by that.
“It was an administrative error and I apologise.”
The proposals have been met with anger among many within the village.
A protest against the plans was held last month.
Mr Farrow said the proposal should go ahead.
He said a development brief for the site, which acts as a guide for future development, was produced and adopted as supplementary planning guidance in 2012.
He added: “It is my view that the scale/form of the development proposed would be sympathetic to the character of the site and surroundings.
“The density of development proposed is in accordance with that contained within the development brief proposed for the site (in 2012) and although the layout has been modified from the indicative plans produced at that time, in my view the development remains consistent with the general aims that this sought to achieve when it was produced in 2012.” A number of concerns were raised by local member Cllr Marion Bateman, and she requested that the council’s planning committee determine the application.
Her concerns included that the plan needed to comply with the development brief, that the density of the development was high and that there were access and traffic density issues.
Northop Community Council has objected and raised concerns that were similar to Cllr Bateman’s.
The community council also pointed out there had previously been proposals for 13 affordable homes, but there would now only be four affordable bungalows.
See full story in the Leader