CREWS were called after sawdust at a disused building caught fire.
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service firefighters attended the blaze at a building at the rear of the old Bromfield Timber and Joinery site on Queens Lane, Mold, shortly before 7pm yesterday.
Site manager Tim Holt said the building housed equipment valued at £200,000 which was used for the extraction of waste materials.
Crews from Buckley and Mold fire stations were called out, as was an aerial ladder platform.
Firefighters used two hosereel water jets and a main jet on
A triple extension ladder and a thermal imaging camera were also used.
A North Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said a large quantity of sawdust was on fire in the building and there were ‘hot embers in the roof space’.
North Wales Police officers also attended the scene.
The Bromfield Group received conditional planning permission for 122 homes on the site in November 2010.