More than 1,000 households in Mold left without water

Reporter:

Laura Edwards

MORE than 1,000 households woke up to find they had no water this weekend.

About 1,300 homes across a large part of Mold were affected after a burst pipe near the Queen’s Head pub on Chester Road on Saturday caused Dwr Cymru Welsh Water to turn off the supply while they made repairs.

The unexpected surge in demand for bottled water caused some town supermarkets to run out of large bottles of economy water.

From early morning most customers received text messages or phone calls from the company to say they had no water and that they were working to fix the problem.

Further communications were received when the supply was restored.

A woman living in Ffordd Pentre said she was warned by an automated phone call at 7am that the water supply had been cut.

The woman, who asked no to be named, said: “It was really a case of you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.

“Not being able to wash my hands, flush the loo or even make a cup of tea just made me think what it must be like for people in parts of the world where there’s no piped water at all.

“It was so good to turn on the tap six hours later and see clear water flowing again.”

More in tomorrow's copy of The Leader.

See full story in the Leader

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read