A HORRIFIED mother rang police to say she believed a man had taken naked photographs of her little daughter.
Police seized Tadeusz Klementowicz’s mobile phone and found 15 still images and two films of the girl, which were of an indecent nature.
First questioned, he claimed there was nothing sexual in it and suggested he had done it from a photographic or artistic point of view. But on Friday at Mold Crown Court he was jailed for three years and placed on the sex offender register for life.
Klementowicz, 51, of King Edward Street, Shotton, had never been in trouble before, did not know why he had done it, and had now turned to his Christian faith for support, he said. There was now a suggestion he would be deported back to Poland.
Judge Philip Hughes said it was not known what psychological harm he had caused the victim as she grew up. He took into account the devastating effect it had on her mother and family.
The defendant kept the images on his mobile phone for his own sexual gratification, the judge told him.
“There was in my judgment a significant degree of planning,” he said.
The defendant, who admitted two charges of sexual assault and 18 charges of taking indecent photographs and movies at level one and three, was made the subject of a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) to curb his future activities.
Klementowicz filmed and photographed the girl’s private parts, said Jayne La Grua, prosecuting. He did close up photos of the child and his hand could be seen indecently assaulting her in some of the images.
He said he had done it on impulse and when questioned about the sexual assaults, said it was not with any sexual intention.
Mr Sabino said it was an extremely serious case as he touched the genitalia of a young child while she slept and had recorded it.
Klementowicz accepted full responsibility and appreciated the suffering and the trauma of the child’s family. “He is racked with guilt, shame and remorse,” he said, adding: “I had to ask him what his motivation was and he can give no explanation.
He was working hard, was isolated, and suggested that he was perhaps confused and curious. Before the incidents occurred, he had not contemplated any such reprehensible behaviour.”
There was no long period of grooming, no violence, no injury and no use of a weapon.
Mr Sabino said perhaps unsurprisingly, the defendant found it difficult to acknowledge responsibility for his actions, simply due to their abhorrent nature, but he had done so.
He had been as frank and as honest as he could be and was willing to co-operate with intervention.
See full story in the Leader