BIG-hearted laundry bosses ensured footballers got to play in clean kit – despite their business being closed by an arson attack.
Trefor Williams, chairman of Rhos Aelwyd FC, said the club was very grateful to Janet and Graham Levy, of the Ronor Launderette in Johnstown, for all their efforts.
Arsonists had poured petrol into the premises on Maelor Road before setting it alight.
But although the launderette had to close temporarily, Mrs Levy made sure Rhos Aelwyd’s kit was ready for action on Saturday.
The club is a regular customer and Trefor said: “One of our lads has been to pick it up and as usual it looks superb.
“They have done a tremendous job and we are so appreciative.
“I understand her daughter runs another launderette and Mrs Levy took it there so it could be washed ready for our games – first team and reserves.
“We would certainly like to thank her. She must be having to cope with so many other things yet found the time to sort out our kit for washing.”
The early morning arson attack resulted in the storeroom being gutted and electricity power supply lost.
It is the third time the business has been the target of crime in less than a year.
In July the Leader reported that its front door had been set alight and i November last year knife-wielding masked robbers burst into the premises before running off with the takings.
Mrs Levy said: “I’ve no idea who is responsible for all of this, or even if the incidents are linked.
“I can’t think of anyone who would hate me to do this.
“The petrol attack in the storeroom contained so much force it blew off the fascia board outside.
“I am feeling under a great deal of stress.”
She added: “I have been here for nearly 24 years, and worked so hard to make it a success.
“In that time there have been some small minor incidents, but never anything on this scale.
“It is terrible to be the victim three times in less than a year.”
Mrs Levy said she would like to thank all her customers who have been so caring in asking how she was feeling following the latest attack.
“They have been marvellous. I just try to do my best for everyone. At the moment I really don’t know what we are going to do about the business.”
Mrs Levy said a structural engineer was due to visit the premises this week.
A spokesman for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service confirmed the fire was believed to have been started deliberately and that the service was investigating.
See full story in the Leader