Chemical scare after fuel can left on Flintshire street

Reporter:

Staff reporter

A CHEMICAL scare was sparked in a residential area after a petrol can was left on a road.

Fire crews from Mold and Buckley were called to a property on Bromfield Lane, off Wrexham Road, Mold just after 3pm yesterday after a container filled with a strong-smelling liquid was found on the street.

The five-litre container was full of petrol and the occupant took it into his garage before he called the fire service.

Incident commander Steve Cook said: “We had a call from the occupier of the property who said he found a container and that he did not know what was contained in it, but that it did smell.

“The service responded to it as a chemical incident. We have worked our way through the garage and found out what the source was and fortunately, on this occasion, it was a petrol container.

“The advice I would give to anyone finding a container is to leave it there.”

Police and an ambulance crew were also in attendance.

Rob Jones, 19, of Mold, who witnessed the scene, said: “I have never seen anything like this on the street before.”

See full story in the Leader

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read