ASSEMBLY bosses have agreed to meet residents whose lives have been blighted by a major road development.
For months people living in Thornhill Close, Broughton, have endured daily dust showers while construction work on the Warren Hall Interchange takes place.
Neighbours had pleaded with representatives from the Welsh Assembly Government and officers from Flintshire Council to witness their ordeal first-hand, but as the Leader reported last week, their their cries had fallen on deaf ears.
Now Cardiff officials have agreed to meet the affected residents after we highlighted their plight.
Broughton councillor David MacFarlane said: “Within 10 hours of the story going on the front page of the Leader, I got an email with the reply I’ve been waiting for.
“They are travelling from Cardiff and bringing Flintshire Council officers with them.
“The residents have got all their questions ready for them.”
Neighbours say they have been living through hell since work began on the A55, which backs on to their homes.
One resident, Tony Swinborn said it was like “living on a building site”.
The residents have now enlisted the support of AM for Alyn and Deeside Carl Sargeant.
Mr Sargeant has written to Assembly transport minister Ieuan Wynn Jones requesting that protective screening be put up to protect the residents from noise and dust.
He said: “Residents are currently being subjected to extreme conditions of noise and dust pollution, making life unbearable.
“I have asked the minister and his officials to meet me on site to witness first-hand the problems and provide an urgent solution to the dreadful conditions that Broughton residents are enduring.
“More consideration should have been given to local people.”
The site visit is due to take place on Wednesday.
See full story in the Leader