RESIDENTS still have time to submit their concerns about the health risks surrounding a cement factory.
North Wales AM Mark Isherwood expressed fears last week at the tight time limit for the public to make submissions in the Hanson-Padeswood cancer link investigation.
But he has now been assured by Public Health Wales that people can still contact them with their concerns, despite the original deadline being last Friday.
Residents who were unable to meet the June 11 deadline will still be able submit their fears about the factory .
In an email to Mr Isherwood, Andrew Jones, executive director of Public Health for Betsi Cadwaldr University Health Board, said: “The nature of our investigation clearly needs to be informed by the breadth of community concerns.
“I am also keen that people should have an opportunity to understand the review approach we are taking.”
Mr Jones said that the reason for the June 11 deadline was so he could get a good initial picture in time for the meeting with community representatives, which was held on Tuesday.
He added: “Please be assured that following the meeting people will still be able to submit their public health concerns to us.”
Mr Isherwood said: "I am very pleased to hear that people will still have an opportunity to submit their concerns. I was very concerned when it originally appeared that they only had two weeks in which to do this.”
See full story in the Leader