POLICE are no longer looking for anyone in connection with a shooting in Llangollen which left a man in hospital with serious injuries.
Phillip Morris, 46, of Clawdd Poncen, Corwen, suffered gunshot wounds in an incident near the Chainbridge Hotel on Wednesday last week at about 1pm.
On Tuesday police revealed they had set up an incident room and appealed for any witnesses to come forward in a fresh bid to establish what happened.
Yesterday, however, they revealed they were no longer looking for anybody else in relation to the events of last week.
Det Insp Iestyn Davies said: “Following an extensive police investigation in relation to the shooting incident in Llangollen on Wednesday, May 19, North Wales Police are no longer treating this as a criminal inquiry and they are no longer looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation.
“We are now satisfied that the weapon used in this incident has been recovered, and is still subject of a forensic examination.”
He added: “The response of the public following the appeals has been of benefit to the investigation and we are thankful to all those who came forward.”
Police say Mr Morris, described as being in a stable condition, is helping officers with their investigation from his hospital bed.
Speaking to the Leader on Tuesday, his daughter, Donna, said her father’s condition had continued to improve in recent days.
See full story in the Leader