Warm tributes paid to sister who died after being stung by a bee in Flintshire

Reporter:

Staff reporter

THE sister of a woman who died after being stung by a bee has paid tribute to “the kindest person you could ever meet”.

Alison Piercy, of Hawarden, died on Sunday after being stung at the hives she kept in Kelsterton Lane, Connah’s Quay.

The 47-year-old mum, who was a receptionist at Redrow Homes in Ewloe and worked behind the till at Hawarden Estate Farm Shop, had been tending the bees with her 12-year-old nephew Max Howe when she was stung under the eye.

Alison initially appeared to suffer no ill effects, but her condition deteriorated later.

She was rushed to hospital but doctors were unable to save her.

Sister Susan Howe said: “Alison was an absolutely selfless person. She would run round after everyone and was the kindest person you could ever want to meet. She touched everyone’s heart and if you met Alison, you would never forget her.

“It’s hard to believe that a bee sting could affect so many people’s lives in such an awful way. It hasn’t really sunk in for any of us yet.”

Alison leaves behind daughter Michaela, 21, a student at Bangor University, who is said to be ‘devastated’ at the loss of her mum.

Heather Bowness, acting head of human resources at Redrow Homes, said:

“Following Alison’s tragic death on Sunday, her colleagues and friends at Redrow and numerous people who knew her through her role as a receptionist have been paying tribute to her.

“Together with her colleague, Marg, she was the fabulous first impression of the company, a lovely telephone voice and a friendly, efficient and welcoming manner.

“Her ready smile, quick wit and fun loving spirit have left a void in reception. She will be greatly missed, but will live on in all our memories.

“Our very deepest sympathy goes to her family, especially her daughter.”

See full story in the Leader

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read