Flintshire high schools evacuated after workshop blaze

Reporter:

Kate Forrester

TWO Flintshire high schools were evacuated after a blaze broke out in a workshop.

More than 2,300 pupils and staff at Mold Alun and Maes Garmon were evacuated from the school complex just before 1.20pm today.

Two fire crews were sent to deal with the incident.

A spokesman for the fire service said: "The fire involved a laser machine and broke out in a single-storey workshop at the school.

"No-one was hurt and firefighters are still on the scene venting the building."

See full story in the Leader

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read