A JILTED boyfriend told his ex-partner he would burn her shed down if she did not talk to him.

Lee Simon Beck, 23, defied a court order when he turned up in his ex-partner's garden in the early hours of June 22.

Sonia Jones was asleep when she was woken by Beck shouting in her garden.

David Mainstone, prosecuting, said: “He shouted ‘you had better come down and talk to me’.”

He then sent her a text saying she should check her garden gate and other texts warning her he had petrol and would set her shed on fire.

Ms Jones called the police. When he was arrested Beck sent another text saying the police should check their car tyres.

Mr Mainstone said Beck was already the subject of a restraining order imposed by Wrexham magistrates that he should not go near Ms Jones. The order was made after the court heard he had been found making threats against her and had an iron bar in his car.

Beck, of Montgomery Road, Wrexham, pleaded not guilty at Mold Crown Court to making a threat to kill Sonia Jones and Judge Niclas Parry formally entered a not guilty verdict to the indictment when the prosecution offered no evidence.

He pleaded guilty to breaching a restraining order.

Ceri Evans, defending said: “This is a very young man who was in a relationship with Ms Jones, his first serious relationship which lasted three years before she ended it.

“He found it difficult to cope with that and he could not bear to be away from her.”

One night while visiting his mother, who lived near his ex-partner, he decided to visit her. “When she did not respond he entered the garden and shouted but at no time did he enter the property.”

Judge Niclas Parry said: “In June the court gave you a chance and you threw that chance in their face.

“This is a flagrant breach of a court order with an offence within 19 days of the court order being imposed.

“You made serious threats that were truly frightening and clearly only a custodial sentence is justified.”

But as Beck had already served 84 days in jail on remand, the judge sentenced him to 24 weeks in prison, to be suspended for a year, and ordered him to complete 100 hours of unpaid work.