A MOTHER-of-three lost her life just two days after returning from a hospital visit, an inquest heard.

Former shoe shop manager Diane Jeffock, 58, died at her home in Old Mold Road, Gwersyllt, in the early hours of November 6.

An inquest at Mold yesterday heard Mrs Jeffock fell at home on October 18 and she was taken to Wrexham Maelor Hospital after suffering fractures in her leg.

After an “uneventful” operation under anaesthetic she returned home and then visited the out-patients clinic on November 4 before again being discharged.

Two days later she died suddenly at home, with her family believing offering her alternative medical treatment might have helped keep her alive.

Recording a verdict of accidental death, Bharti Gittins, acting deputy coroner for North East Wales, said Mrs Jeffock had died from a blood clot caused by thrombosis in her right leg.

She said root of the clot was a fracture of the right leg.

Ian, her husband of 30 years, told the hearing the couple enjoyed a “very happy life together”. “We were best friends. We did everything together.”

After enjoying good health for much of her life Mrs Jeffock developed multiple sclerosis (MS) in 2000 and endured limited mobility in her legs as well as suffering mild depression.

Mr Jeffock said his wife sought to retain as much independence as possible and believed the fall that led to her death was not connected to MS.

During his wife’s hospital visit on November 4 Mr Jeffock became aware for the first time his wife suffered from osteoporosis.

Following her visit Mrs Jeffock needed to sleep in a chair and wore a full cast on her right leg but there were no significant health concerns.

On the night of November 5-6 Mr and Mrs Jeffock talked until the early hours, which was a regular occurrence.

When Mr Jeffock awoke at about 10.30am he heard his daughter Holly shout concerns about her mother.

Although Mr Jeffock attempted to resuscitate her he knew it was too late.

He told the inquest: “It was a formality. I knew she had passed away.”

A time of death of 11.03am was recorded but Mr Jeffock believes his wife might have died several hours earlier.

Mr Jeffock questioned why his wife had not been given anti-coagulants to help her during the process.

In written evidence Ian Wilson, a consultant at the Maelor, said after medics weighed up the options it was agreed that not using anti-coagulant outweighed the benefits of doing so and there were risks were associated with their use.

But Mr Jeffock believed his wife’s lack of mobility meant she needed them. “If she had been on anti-coagulants I’m sure she would still be here.”

Mr Jeffock told the inquest he would be raising his concerns with Maelor Hospital officials in the hope people in a similar position could be helped but he was not looking to apportion blame.

Mrs Jeffock leaves daughters, Rebecca, Holly and Penelope.