Cefn Druids strengthened their grip in the top four with a second victory in a week over Rhydymwyn, who did show a slight improvement in performance despite losing  4-0.

A Mark Harris free-kick was helped on by defender Adam Hesp and Aaron Pritchard turned the ball in from close range and with less than 10 minutes gone, Mark Griffiths scored with a curling free-kick leaving Rhyd keeper Danny Stanton stranded.

The visitors upped their game and were unlucky not to have reduced the arrears but keeper Chris Mullock denied Marc Gunther twice in as many moments.

Sub Gareth Williams knocked the stuffing out of Rhyd with a clever lob over Stanton and Warren Duckett set up Griffiths to slide the ball under the advancing Stanton and into the net.

Rhyd boss Phil Eaton remained quite positive about the defeat stating. “This is a steep learning curve after coming out of the Welsh Alliance. I would acknowledge the scoreline hardly reflects that we made more of an impression this week against them but I took a lot of pluses out of the game.”

Rhos Aelwyd are having a dream start to Cymru Alliance football and to be unbeaten in five starts must have exceeded the expectations of their most ardent of fans

 They took maximum points off yet another former Welsh Premier side and had it not been for an assistant referees flag, they would have defeated Caersws by a bigger margin.

“How Mike Burke's opening half goal was deemed as being offside was quite amazing and even our opposition couldn’t believe their luck” said Rhos boss Steve Walters.

“On a more encouraging note, I am so delighted at the way the players have gelled and then at the other end of the spectrum I had six players booked which included the unfortunate sending off of Dave McIntyre. Gladly it all worked out well in the end and Mike Burkes clinical finish from a slide rule pass from Steve Powell in the 80th minute proved decisive.”

Flint Town United chalked up their first away success of the campaign and they had to work extremely hard to see off the challenge of hosts Guilsfield. The Silkmen dominated the opening half and never looked back after John Davies had steered them into a fourth minute lead with a free header at the far post.

Yet another opportunist goal around the half hour mark from Sean Beck had Flint in total command at the turn-around. An overhead kick from Ross Frame kept Guilsfield in touch but sub Richie Walker restored Flint’s two goal advantage.

When Shaun Butler reduced the arrears, Flint had a nervous last few minutes but Flint chief Paul Davies was really upbeat about the win and was first to applaud his battling players.

“This was the best we have played all season and how we didn’t score five goals in the opening half I don’t know,” said Davies. “We did live on our nerves a bit at the death when they threw everything at us apart from the kitchen sink but importantly we kept our nerve.”

Porthmadog eventually broke their duck and they defeated league champions Llangefni 1-0, Ruthin Town picked up a point in a 1-1 draw at Welshpool and it was honours even in the game between Penrhyncoch and Llandudno which ended 1-1.

Chris Herbert netted the only goal of the game as Gap Connah's Quay Nomads earned a hard-fought three points against a determined Rhayader Town.

Nomads' player-boss Mark McGregor rang the changes with Ben Alston, Craig Jones, Danny Forde, Tom Baker, Gary O'Toole and Herbert all returning to the starting line-up.

It was an even opening period with Nomads best chance falling to Andy Alston but his close range header was comfortably held.

The long awaited break through came five minutes after the restart when Herbert latched onto a hopeful punt upfield, shrugged off opposing defender Mike Collister, and looped the ball high over the keeper.

The hosts then upped the tempo and full-back Ben Collins wasted a glorious opportunity to double his sides account.

Sub Mike Hayes went close to for Nomads, whose player/manager Mark McGregor said: “It was three points and we go clear at the top so it is pleasing from that point of view.

“It is a tick in the box however for “can do better” when clubs decide to defend in numbers against us.”

Second placed Rhyl dropped two points in a thrilling 2-2 draw at Buckley Town, who will feel quite aggrieved that they did not claim maximum points.

Buckley had a dream start and took a third minute lead courtesy of a 20-yard effort from Neil Wynne.

They went on to control the vast majority of the opening half and should have doubled their tally through John Leonard, but he fired over from close range.

Disaster struck just minutes prior to the interval when the Lilywhites netted two goals to shade the opening half.

Brett Maylett levelled and then Gareth Owen with his trademark shot from distance turned this game on its head.

In the second half, again Buckley were the better team with James McIntosh spurning a good chance and Anthony Williams testing the keeper with a close range header.

Their patience was eventually rewarded when with 10 minutes left when Jordan Freeman crossed for defender Gareth Edwards to equalise with a fine header.

Buckley boss Gareth Thomas remained quite philosophical about the result, admitting: “The good thing was it ended a poor sequence of results but I must confess after our 90 minutes display, I am disappointed not to have taken all three points on offer.”