A CONCERNED father who has suffered two arson attacks at his home in the space of two days had branded the culprits as "pure evil".

Haydn Tudor of Penycae told the Leader he is now worried for the safety of his family after the malicious campaign which has left him with a repair bill of more than £1,000.

Mr Tudor has now passed on information to the police in a hope those responsible for the attacks will be caught and dealt with by the courts.

"I think whoever is responsible has been watching the house deliberately planning to do this and that is pure evil,” said Mr Tudor of Ffordd Llanerch.

The first incident happened on Wednesday at about 9pm. The Tudor family were alerted by a pedestrian that a fire had started in the back garden shed.

“Fortunately we were able to get there in time and put it out using water. I’d like to thank the man who tipped me off,” said Mr Tudor.

The second attack took place the following night at around the same time. Again the shed was the target and on this occasion it was completely gutted, along with the contents

“The flames from the fire were really intense. We moved a child’s trampoline from a next door neighbour’s garden but it was still partly melted because of the massive heat,” said Mr Tudor.

“I’d like to thank everyone who came to help us. But despite all the assistance there was nothing anyone could do. The flames had taken a hold in such a short space of time.

“The attack itself was bad, but it could have been even more serious. The fire service were here quickly and worked hard to prevent the blaze spreading further.”

As well as losing the shed there were items stored inside which included valuable tools and bikes. Mr Tudor estimated the total would come to more than £1,000.

“We are insured but that is not the issue. It is terrible to think someone has deliberately plotted to do this,” he added.

A spokesman for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of Thursday night’s incident was deliberate ignition. A spokesman for North Wales Police said
officers were investigating.