A TAXI driver has re-lived the moment he was kicked, punched and headbutted by three women in a Wrexham town centre takeaway.

The trio responsible for the attack on 63-year-old Gwilym Lloyd Jones now face jail.
Chelsea Edwards, 21, Karen Paula Jones, 27, and Paula Louise Evans, 42, each admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm against Mr Jones.

CCTV footage of the attack at the Central Kebab takeaway on Abbot Street, on July 12 was shown to magistrates in Wrexham yesterday.

Magistrates called it a ‘serious assault’ and said that all three could be sentenced at crown court and could also face a jail sentence.

CCTV footage showed Mr Jones, a taxi driver for Ace Taxis in Gwersyllt, being punched on his face, punched and kicked while on the floor and then headbutted.

Speaking after the case, Mr Jones said he had been knocked unconscious for a
few seconds during the attack.

“I felt two punches to the side of my head and I went to the floor,” he said.

“I blacked out for a few seconds and the next thing I was kicked on the back, head and was being punched.”

The court heard how the incident occurred following the World Cup final on July 11.
Matthew Ellis, prosecuting, said that Evans, of Tan yr Allt, Cefnybedd, and Jones, of Hollybush Terrace, Bradley, had been out drinking together from 11am that day.

It was only later that the pair met Chelsea Edwards, of Bryn Hafod, Wrexham.
Mr Ellis said that Edwards had been celebrating her 21st birthday and had been involved in a dispute with Mr Jones outside the takeaway.

In interview she claimed he had offered her a free taxi ride and asked her to lift up her dress.

The dispute continued into the takeaway and Edwards followed Mr Jones into the premises where she struck him.

Evans and Jones, who knew the defendant, then went into the shop and joined the attack on Mr Jones.

All three women became embroiled in the fight which saw Mr Jones being kicked and punched on the floor and then Evans headbutting Mr Jones as he stood up.

During interview each defendant said they were sorry for the incident, said Mr Ellis.
Emma Simoes, defending Evans, said: “It was a spur of the moment action fuelled by alcohol.”

Melissa Griffiths, defending Edwards, said her client had been approached by Jones, who she claimed had made suggestive comments. She had then followed him into the kebab shop.

Ms Griffiths said: “She accepted her involvement and obviously expresses remorse for her part of it.”

Alun Williams, defending Jones, said his client was initially the peacemaker but she later became embroiled in the scuffle.

The three defendants will appear back at Wrexham magistrates court on September 24 after a Probation Service pre-sentence report was ordered.

Magistrates warned they could eventually be sentenced at crown court. Mr Jones
said rather than being frightened by the whole ordeal he was glad it had been captured on CCTV.

“They will get what they deserve,” he added.