Airbus bounced back from their cruel defeat to Llanelli with a 4-1 rout over hosts Carmarthen Town.

Defender Ryan Edwards handed Craig Harrison’s men a lead as early as the seventh minute as he netted from the penalty spot.

Striker Carl Owen had been fouled in the area by Lee Bevan and Edwards, resuming spot kick duty following Andy Moran’s miss against Llanelli last week, fired home.

Midfielder Danny Desormeaux doubled the Airbus lead and his personal haul for the season after beating goalkeeper Mike Lewis to the ball before Moran netted his first competitive goal for the Airmen from a Matty Cook cross.

Tim Hicks gave the Old Gold hope of a comeback five minutes from time a some sloppy Airbus defending allowed the home side a foothold in the game.

Airbus were able to ride the Carmarthen storm early in the second half and won another penalty, although Edwards saw his effort saved by Mike Lewis.

Harrison’s side did not have too long to wait however, Moran struck his second of the game to leave the hosts with a mountain to climb, which they were subsequently unable to conquer.

The game did end on a sour note for Airbus as left-back Gio Feliciello was given his marching orders for a second yellow card.

Speaking about the game, former Middlesbrough and Crystal Palace defender Harrison admitted delight at the outcome, he said: “We did really well and it was good to get our first win of the season.

“Their goalkeeper was probably man of the match, if it had not been for him it could have been eight or nine.”

While pleased with the overall result, Harrison is still keen to see improvements in certain areas.

“To miss another penalty is disappointing and to not keep a clean sheet is also disappointing,” he explained. “I was far from happy at half time because the goal allowed them a way back into the game.

“For Gio to get sent off was also disappointing.

“It was stupid really with less than a minute of the match to go, but that happens when you are dealing with young players and I can’t be too harsh on him because it is bad enough for him that he will miss matches having worked hard to get back in the team.”

Harrison also admitted that the penalty taking situation has been solved, he added: “I have taken the decision to give the duty to Carl Owen.

“Ryan scored one in the first half and his second was better but it was saved, Andy Moran wanted it but Ryan pulled rank after last weeks miss.

“I have decided to hand them to Carl to get the other two off them!”

Bala Town surrendered a third minute lead to lose their televised home encounter with Bangor City 3-2.

Colin Caton’s side started the game on the front foot and quickly took the lead through Chris Mason, the striker heading in former Everton youth John Irving’s centre.

A moment of madness from the experienced Mark Powell handed Bangor City a foothold in the game and they refused to let the moment slip.

Powell was guilty of a rash challenge on midfielder Craig Garside and Dave Morley sent Craig Vernon the wrong way from the spot.

An express opening 15 minutes was capped off by City winger Chris Jones, who was on hand to head a loose ball into an empty Bala net.

Bala responded by pressurising the Bangor goal for large periods, but they were unable to find a way past Paul Smith.

Worse was to follow for Bangor nine minutes before the break as Alan Bull held off a challenge from Danny Jellicoe to slot home.

The hosts were able to pull a goal back after the interval as Neil Fisher handed Caton’s side a lifeline, but they could not get an all important equaliser, leaving them still searching for their first point of the campaign.

Port Talbot took an early lead at the top of the table with a 3-0 rout of hosts Llanelli, who finished Friday’s encounter with 10-men.

The dismissal of Ross Jones for two yellow-cards proved the turning point in the contest as Talbot quickly broke the deadlock.

Liam McCreesh bagged the opener on 61 minutes before Luke Bowen added a second just eight minutes later.

Nathan Cotterrall rounded off a miserable night for Llanelli with a third Talbot goal.

An excellent performance from former Cefn Druids and Bala Town playmaker Ricky Evans failed to hand Aberystwyth Town a victory over Newtown, Andy Cale’s men snatching a dramatic 2-2 draw.

Evans netted his second goal in two games since moving to Aber in the summer from the spot and the scorer turned provider as he teed-up Luke Sherbon with 15 minutes remaining.

Newtown were looking set to suffer their first loss of the campaign as only three minutes remained on the clock when defender Gavin Cadwallader pulled a goal back.

However, Shane Sutton grabbed a point for Cale’s men with a header deep into stoppage time.

Prestatyn Town were able to shrug off their opening night loss to The New Saints with a 1-0 home success over Haverfordwest County.

Lee Hunt’s third goal in two games since joining from Bangor City proved decisive.