FIRE crews were called to a blaze at a clothing store on Broughton Retail Park this morning. (Thursday June 24).

The fire took place in the changing rooms of Dorothy Perkins and four appliances from the North Wales Fire Service attended the scene.

A spokesperson for the North Wales Fire Service said: “A fire investigation and salvage operation is being carried out at the store.”

The store, which is part of the Arcadia Group, was still not open this afternoon.

A member of staff from Dorothy Perkins told the Leader (ITALS) “Fire crews are still making sure everything is safe.

“They are still looking into the cause, but think the fire was due to an electrical fault.”
She added: “Not a lot of damage has been caused.”

Topshop and Evans, which are located in the same building as Dorothy Perkins, were also closed to shoppers yesterday following the fire.

Colin Gilligan, manager at the shopping park, said that the Boots and Sports Direct stores on either side of Dorothy Perkins were not affected by the incident.